Sunday, March 26, 2017

What steps do I need to take to be approved for a home mortgage?

I've been in school since Sept 2015, working 3 part time jobs at the same time. I recently dropped out due to finding a part time career in my field of study and pursuing it. I worked there for about a month and then quit due to a full time position opportunity of the same job in a different county, closer to home, where I start next Monday, making $17.50/hour 40 hours a week minumum. I have an auto loan, credit card payment, and student loans that add up to about $7,500 total. I pay my minimum payments which add up to $400 each month to pay my debt off. I am looking to get a house from $50k to $75k maximum (I plan on building house myself within the next 15 years.) I understand that I have no chance of getting a home mortgage, since I have so much debt and am just starting this full time job, but what steps do I need to take to get the loan?
Added (1). I've been working since I was 14, and have never been without a job. I also have a part time job at a gas station, where I've been working since March of 2015, and will continue to work there even after I start my full time job.
Added (2). I guess I threw people off by saying I plan on building my own house within 15 years. My dad and uncle own their own business. They are construction workers, and build houses from scratch, including their own, and they will be building mine in the future. Forget I even wrote that part, that's not the question.

Read more: What steps do I need to take to be approved for a home mortgage?