Thursday, May 22, 2014

Shopping for mortgage loans?

I am beyond frustrated. I tried to do my due diligence and get quotes from 3 different lenders BUT I didn't get any specific answers regarding rate, origination fees, etc. I proceeded with one and I JUST got a Good Faith Estimate because we are pending and almost ready to close in a few weeks. Finally, I see what they are charging me and THIS is what I wanted to compare! They are charging $995 origination fee, 4.625% interest rate, estimated over 12K settlement charges.

I wanted to compare these numbers with at least 2-3 companies but it seems like they wouldn't give me these numbers until the end. I already ordered an appraisal. Is it too late to try and compare? I feel like I'm getting ripped off. I keep seeing advertisements for a 4.1/4.2 interest rate but I never know if it is legitimate or an advertisement scheme.

Read more: Shopping for mortgage loans?