Sunday, April 27, 2014

Is it easier to get a credit card if you've banked with the company for 10+ years?


I've been banking with Chase since middle school, and only just got a credit card a year ago; my credit score is like 740 I think--I'm not at a place in life where I experience debt or loans or mortgages, and I automatically don't qualify for a lot of cards because my history is just too new. I never use CC's to spend more than I have, I just use them to 'build credit'.

I want a better credit card with zero foreign transaction fees, since I'm going to be working abroad for a year. I'm just curious if banking with a credit card provider will in any way increase my chance of being eligible for a better credit card. Thanks!

Read more: Is it easier to get a credit card if you've banked with the company for 10+ years?