Monday, March 17, 2014

What to do about a toxic parent relationship?

Growing up my dad was very verbally abusive. On drugs from when I was 4-27. He almost tried molesting me when I was 9 when he was high. My mom used to make me hide money and valuables from my dad because he would sell our toys and valuables for his habits. He cheated on my mom numerous times, once with my "best friend" and at 58 he is still hitting on my friends. He kicked me out today with my daughter after I have been helping him pay his mortgage for the past 4 years since my mother died. He is putting things in my daughter's head, he's telling her I am mean and that I am crazy. Should I completely remove him from our lives? What would you do in my situation? Ever had a toxic parent relationship? Should I forgive him once more?

Read more: What to do about a toxic parent relationship?