Friday, April 25, 2014

Can anything be done legally?


My grandmother and I purchased a house together because she needed in home care. I put the money down, paid for inspections, and the mortgage. She paid utilities. The deed is in both of our names. She and I decided going into it that since I made the investment the money would be split 75/25. We decided to sell so she could be closer to family. The selling realtor is her friend. When we were closing I saw 50/50 on the paper and tried stopping it saying it was incorrect. The realtor raised her voice and told me it wasn't. I looked at my grandma and she said we would divide it later. I was pressure into signing. Long story short grandma ran off with the money. Is there any legal way of getting half my down payment back from grandma? Or is it all said and done?

Read more: Can anything be done legally?