Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Can therapy help my marriage?


My marriage is under a lot of stress and pressure. There is next to no communication. So I don't feel like we can work through our problems. First, we have problems because my parents are living with us. My dad is a complete slob and ruins everything. He doesn't work or contribute in any way shape or form. Won't wash his dishes, clean their bathroom ( which reeks of urine thanks to him), take out the trash, etc. You get the picture. We on the other hand have nice things and take care of them and keep the house clean. My husband works very hard but still comes home and does all the yard work, take out the trash and help tidy up the house. So this creates a lot of friction! On the other hand we can't afford to pay our whole mortgage payment and my family pays for half. We are struggling financially right now. So we have money problems on top of the family problems. I don't know what to do anymore. I am so depressed. I just had a newborn baby and would like to get to work to help our financial situation but sometimes I don't know if that will help save our marriage. I don't even know if my husband loves me anymore. What should I do?

Read more: Can therapy help my marriage?