Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Divorce and getting another mortgage?


Hello, I am in an awful relationship and without going into any details I would like to leave my husband and move out with our 3 children. At the moment I only work 2 evenings a week as we can not afford the childcare. My husband had a really good job and pays most of the household bills although I have to contribute most of my wages also. We currently have a joint mortgage with £100000 equity. I'm assuming if we divorce I would be entitled to half. He would also pay me child maintenance. What else am I entitled to claim from him and how can I go about getting another mortgage to buy another home. When my youngest is at school I would work 30 hours a week and possible have a salary of £12500 a year. This will not give me a very high mortgage as I would need £150000 altogether to get a half decent 3 bedroom house. Are tax credits and child maintenance included in income for a mortgage. Also can I claim for part of his pension?
I'm in scotland. Thanks for your help.

Read more: Divorce and getting another mortgage?