Tuesday, April 29, 2014

How soon after moving to a new area can you buy a house?


Everyone says you need 2 years of work at the same company, proving you have to means to make the payments.
Does this mean you cannot buy a new house until 2 years after moving? That can't be right.
Ill give you guys my situation, let me know where we stand please as it's all so confusing to me.

Me and my fiancé work in ND at walmart, him for 3 years, me for 2. We have 50k saved up and want to move. When we move we are both planning on just transferring into another walmart location close to where we want to move, and working there (at least until something better comes along).
How soon after moving would we be able to get a mortgage? Would they even consider us? I really want to be in an apartment for a year at most.

Please help me.

Read more: How soon after moving to a new area can you buy a house?