Wednesday, May 28, 2014

How to Improve my Credit Score?

I am hovering at the 700 range. TU is 705, the other two are (689-699). How can I improve my score? I currently have two credit cards (one unsecured and the other secured) and an auto loan (which I have considered paying off two years early). Would it be a good idea to pay my auto loan off early? I could save almost $500 on interest alone. I just do not know if this will affect my credit.

I just got my second credit card about a month ago. Should I wait before I open a new account? One thing to also consider is that I will soon be moving to part time hours after this next month. My wages will be nearly cut in half, which I believe could potentially impact me when applying for credit.

What should I apply for now, or in the future? I pay all of my bills on time, no balance remaining, etc. I don't particularly need a personal loan, nor a mortgage; car loan. I feel the only thing that I could realistically benefit from is an additional card (to increase the number of my accounts). What do you think?

Thanks

Read more: How to Improve my Credit Score?