Thursday, May 29, 2014

I need advice on buying an Abandoned House?

Okay so this is kind of a long story.
So there is this abandoned house that I am looking into buying. I saw it and it is in a great neighborhood by my local beach, and the tax value is only $104, and probably less since its been abandoned. I went inside and there has been stuff thrown around and spray painted but no major damage we can't fix. I'm totally in love with this house so i emailed the city and gave them the address and they told me the taxes are CURRENT and have been paid by a mortgage company, Ocwen Loan Serving LLC. They even emalied a copy of the recipt. But it show's the owner is a man named Jerri. That is the legal registered owner. From what I have found I see that he has died and his family abandoned the house for some reason. I can't contact the family & the city AND loan company say they really don't know anything about it and the contact eachother lol. So I don't know where to go from here. Any advice? I have been told by a land lord from the city to try to just have the immensly over-grown yard cut and turn on utilites and just squat there (move in) and get to know the neighbors, let them know and ask what has happened to the owners. I would love to legally buy it and finance it. Any suggestions? I know I can get utilites turn on in a snap. What should I do?

Read more: I need advice on buying an Abandoned House?