Sunday, June 29, 2014

Do companies have the right to refuse redundancy payments?

As of Friday, my parents were let off since that company is now transferring but my parents and possibly other people didn't get their redundancy payments from an employer who was known to be greedy and underpaying some of his employees. Both my parents have worked some 12+ years, and now that company ceased its operations last Friday. My parents think they will get their redundancy on their next pay week, but I'm starting to grow suspicions that they will not get their redundancy.

I'm 22, currently thinking of quitting studies to work full-time to support my parents who are still paying off their mortgage. My parents are supposed to get some $120.000+ on redundancy.

Read more: Do companies have the right to refuse redundancy payments?