Sunday, June 29, 2014

Estimated price to build shipping container home on already owned land?

I own land (or am near signing to make it official) and would like to build a shipping container home on top, a mobile home, or a log cabin type place being built slowly by myself (with help of others of course). The one thing I cannot find an answer to is, how much will it cost to get electricity, heat, clean water, plumbing etc, anything needed to make it liveable. This would include a dishwasher and laundry machines if possible. If not possible, main concern is plumbing and electricity. What do I need to install and what is the cheapest way to do it? I have an odd goal of having my own tiny house fully paid meaning no mortgage or lot fees. I figure life would be a lot easier if only expenses are utilities, taxes, insurance, maintenance, and other things.

Read more: Estimated price to build shipping container home on already owned land?