Sunday, July 27, 2014

How to get a price? Are they keeping something from me?

Found a house with a for sale sign and immediately fell in love. Called the number on the sign and we were told that since it was a repossessed home they were still waiting for the bank to give them an asking price. That was over a month ago. Since the they asked us for a mortgage pre qualification letter in order to show us the house. We provided it, and we got to view the house. This house isnt listed in any MLS website, not even on the agents website. Its almost like it doesnt exist… Except, that a friend of ours HAD seen it listed over a year ago, had printed it out… And it HAD an asking price. I am confused. Are they trying NOT to sell me this house? Should I be worried about something? I don't want to risk losing the property, but I am getting frustrated because I want to buy it already
Added (1). The house is not going up for auction, i already asked. My question is basically how they can claim the price hasnt been set yet when it clearly had (they have no idea my friend gave me that print out with the price)

Read more: How to get a price? Are they keeping something from me?