Monday, July 21, 2014

Should I be put on wife's deed?

My wife had a condo before we married. I moved in after marriage and took over the mortgage and utilities. She wants to upgrade the condo and "wants my help" with the upgrades; however, she refuses to put me on the deed. It's not a deal breaker for me, just don't want to pay mortgage and upgrade condo then possibly get kicked out someday. I have no way of showing I'm paying, as I transfer money to her account and she pays the mortgage from that. All I do is make a "memo" at the time of transfer.

She never wants to sell the condo even if we move. She insists it's "our condo". I know I'd get half the equity should we divorce, but I wouldn't take it.

Do I have a right to feel unstable to pour money into her condo?

Read more: Should I be put on wife's deed?