Sunday, August 24, 2014

Can my ex-husband take the house back. We are divorced?

Me and my ex-husband divorced in 2010. When we divorced the house was in the process of being foreclosed on also the state had a lien on the property for unpaid taxes. The foreclosure was showing up on my credit report but no my ex-husband's, because the mortgage was in my name and not his. When I file bankruptcy in 2012 the mortgage company released the property to me with a statement saying that they had no further interest in the property and wrote it off, but the state still had a back taxes lien on the property. So I payed the back property taxes up and redeemed the house from the state. With the information I have provided. Can my ex-husband come back and claim the house?

Read more: Can my ex-husband take the house back. We are divorced?