Saturday, August 16, 2014

Can two offers on a house be the same and both be accepted?

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me, me and my partner recently made an offer on a bungalow and it was accepted. We were asked to come in to the agency to sort out a mortgage, today we have gone and got the mortgage sorted so we are now all clear to go. But the estate agent has today informed us that somebody had come in with the same offer as us and it has been accepted also. They have not yet been in to discuss about there mortgage yet. I wanted to know whether they can actually do this? Seeing as we offered, got accepted, got our mortgage all sorted first? The estate agent has said that it will be down to the vendor to choose between one of us but this does not seem fair at all seeing as we are all ready to go and get the papers signed!

Thanks

Read more: Can two offers on a house be the same and both be accepted?