Friday, August 22, 2014

Could I win a small claims case because of this? (Uk)?

I was added to my ex partners mortgage when I moved in. We then had a mutual separation and he asked if he could keep the flat and take responsibility for it (mortgage company wouldn't take my name of the mortgage). I said yes as I trusted him. I lost touch with him as his new partner was threatening towards me. I found out about a year ago that he had stopped paying the mortgage and the flat was being repossessed. I contacted him and he said he had money problems and then changed his number. I have now been sent a short full amount of 2,400 to pay the mortgage company (the full amount so he has to pay nothing). I have texts from him that prove I knew nothing about the issues until it was to late and that he had full control over the flat. Would a court let me claim the money back from him?

Read more: Could I win a small claims case because of this? (Uk)?