Friday, August 15, 2014

How early should I apply for a mortgage?

My boyfriend and I are planning from moving from West Texas to Allentown, Pennsylvania within the next year or so.
This will be both our first time ever living on our own and we are extremely uneducated with this sort of thing. We have no idea how or when to apply for a mortgage nor do we know how long it will take to get approved and it is stressing me out because I do not want us to struggle with this when we end up moving. How early should we apply for one and do you have any advice? Who do you recommend we apply with?
We're trying for an apartment or townhouse. The highest we will go is maybe a bit over $700 to maybe $800. I have no idea if that will have anything to do with applying for a mortgage.

Read more: How early should I apply for a mortgage?