Thursday, August 21, 2014

Husband choosing family over his wife and kids?

He wanted to have a family of his own but we ended up selling our home and moving in with his family to help them make ends meet. I must admit, I feel they resent our two children and myself. Not my husband, because he is helping them pay for their home but because I refuse to put on a phony smile and pretend I'm happy to be living in almost poverty. Yes, this home that they brought has them bankrupt and if it weren't for US helping them, it would belong to a bank. First, my two boys are growing kids in school and need a space to play, they want them to just tiptoe around the house and be like two quiet mice. When I started working for the HR department at my current job, my extra hours made it impossible for me to pick up my two boys from school or day camp and my husband couldn't do it because he has a 2nd job. My MIL was picking them up and apparently she has favored one over the other which is also making living situation even stranger. I can honestly say that I am not happy with my life. Here, I get married to a man, but a home, have two kids with him and BAM his parents aren't working anymore so it's OUR or HIS problem to help them with an atrocious mortgage. We are living like rats, as the only thing that separates us are a large master suite with a curtain. One side, my boys' bunkbed and our queen bed. I wanna leave so bad but I know my DH needs me. He is emotionally drained and I fear him choosing his parents over us. He is too busy to even spend time with us.

Read more: Husband choosing family over his wife and kids?