Thursday, August 21, 2014

Is it worth it to move to Pennsylvania? Will I still have to be a nurse?

My parents think it's a good idea to move to Pennsylvania (Bethlehem) from New York for the following reasons:
-lower tax
-they think people out of NY are nicer
-slower pace of life
-cheaper homes
-my mom wouldn't have to work anymore (she hates her job)

We just moved 3 years ago to a different town in NY for the same reasons but nothing materialized mainly because my parents bought a house that cost more than their old home and with a higher tax than the town we used to live in- they regretted this decision.

At first I thought it was a bad idea but now I'm warming up to it because it's not like I have any strong bonds with the kids I go to school with since I met them 3 years ago. Also I don't think I'll have to be a nurse since my parents won't need me to support them immediately since the mortgage and tax is low.

I don't want to be a nurse but my parents say that's the only secure job that's in demand these days. I'd rather be an accountant, dentist, pharmacist, web developer, computer systems analyst and software developer. But is this viable? Please Help!

Read more: Is it worth it to move to Pennsylvania? Will I still have to be a nurse?