Sunday, September 28, 2014

Am I too selfish and harsh on my family?

I have 2 brothers in there 20s. I feel like its unfair that one of my brother (the middle one, im the oldest) doesn't get to chip in for the bills. My parents are on SSI. Since I make the most, I pay for mortgage, my youngest brother pays for utilities, and parents for food. Any other expense, I pay. The other brother never bother to look for work or anything for like 2-3 years now and finally got one.

Since my parents feel like he's making so much less, they feel like he shouldn't contribute. He makes $10.50 and decided to go back to community college while working, he already got 4 yeR degree in art but he never got a job and never really look or like art. So he's in like 40k in student loan. While he was still at the university, my parents paid for his loan interest. He acts like a child, doesn't take responsibility, doesn't help himself.

He doesn't have a car or a drvers license, wrecked my parents truck and they had to take the blame for him. Their insurance skyrocket, they pay for his phone. And now that he's back to work and school my parents want me to buy him a used car around $10,000. I told them no, he's an adult and we have been taking care of him too long, I will not just hand over a $10000 to him, I will lend him $10,000 or I will buy him a $2500 car, all on me, no charge to him. My parents are mad, thinks I'm not being reasonable, for god sake my car is only $7000!
Added (1). I just moved out to a diff state and got a job, and this family was part of the reason. Ive looked out for him since high school and that was like 10 years ago, just driving him to school and picking him up. And he treats me and anyone else that picks him up like they're work for him, no respect

Read more: Am I too selfish and harsh on my family?