Thursday, September 18, 2014

Can a mortgage agreement be revised while I was in prison?

While I was in jail, I gave my husband POA so that he could do our taxes this past April. Without me knowing until 2 weeks after I got out, he used the POA to sell my vehicle and he also signed a trust modification regarding an inheritance from my parents. The trust modification is BAD. The original trust document is notorized and signed my my parents, my husband, and me and gives us ownership of our home free and clear after 7 years of payments as part of my future inheritance upon their demise. The house is owned free and clear by my parents so this was obviously a great deal. The new trust modification I have states that we now have to pay a 20 year mortgage on the house (starting April 2014) before we take ownership and that we owe my parents $65,000 to be financed for 20 years at 4% by the trust. Obviously this was done maliciously by my parents and when I confronted my husband he says he didn't realize that we were not going to own the house after 4.5 years anymore *as we already have paid 2.5 hears of payments on the original 7 year trust amendment. The second amendment is not notorized and has some obvious errors, but there IS a copy in my hands. My dad says it̢۪s legal. What do I do? Help!

Read more: Can a mortgage agreement be revised while I was in prison?