Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Does my ex need me to sign a quit claim deed? Ontario Canada?

We both filed bankruptcy during separation and divorce. He made a deal with the bank to return to the house and continue making the mortgage payments.

The mortgage is still in both our names, but so is the deed. The mortgage comes up for renewal in April 2015. Will he need me to sign a quit claim deed to remove my name from the house? I was advised to not sign off on the house until he can prove he has financing without my name on it, even though my bankruptcy protects me from the debt owed on the house.

Also, there are government liens on the house and a writ of seizure and sale from unpaid child support.

Is it possible the bank will just let him re-finance without qualifying? Will the liens and writ need to be satisfied prior to renewal of mortgage? He has been keeping up the payments lately, but he was only discharged from bankruptcy less than 2 yrs ago.

Thanks,

Read more: Does my ex need me to sign a quit claim deed? Ontario Canada?