Friday, September 19, 2014

Im behind on mortgage payment, and they don't want to do a modification?

First of all I want to say that me or my husband are not deadbeats. He was out o work for over 3 months due to a back injury. I was the only one working to support 3 people. His job doesn't have any sick pay even though he is full time. I worked, ran all the errands, and took care of him and her both. It was a stressful time. We submitted papers to our mortgage company. And we even went to a credit counselor. She told us that we should easily get a modification with our interest lowered. Well, as soon as he got back to work our refrigerator went out. So we had to take on a new payment. Then we had someone break in our home. So we had to repair our door, and we got an alarm system. Then the next week our water heater blew up. So I got a lease for the water heater. All the things we got was necessary items. So last week we find out we can't get a modification because he is now back at work. But they may give us a repayment plan. So it seems going to the credit counselor was no help. We also tried to tell them the extra payments added to the budget. I don't think they care. So now the credit counselor thinks our mortgage payments will be double! We are still trying to catch up on payments and doctors bills when he was out of work. I am so stressed to the point of always crying. I don't want to lose my home. I don't know what to do. It seems like if you are trying to be honest, no one cares to help you.

Read more: Im behind on mortgage payment, and they don't want to do a modification?