Saturday, September 13, 2014

My husband will NOT save money, help?

We are in our late 20s, been married 6yrs, n have 2 children. We have small home we own home, n 2 vehicales. My husband makes 300 a week, gets 60 extra under the table, n does a lot of side jobs (he likes working on vehicales), he does that at least 3xs a month n gets 250-350 each time. I also do a small side job of cleaning n bring in 120 each week.
Needless to say, we should be living a bit better than from paycheck to paycheck. I have tried saving money but the moment we have a bit he wants something n has to spend it. He just bought a used avalanche which its very nice for 4,000 which took all our saving n some that I had put aside also. I kept asking him to put some money back. He gave me 1,100 to put in our saving 4 days ago, I was thrilled. But of course today he wants a used camper. I did not agree n now he is all mad n upset saying how it's his money n why should I control it.(which is how he acts if he don't get something)
I realize he works his but off, I want him to have what he deserves, but I don't want him to have to work all his life and keep living paycheck to paycheck. I have tried several times speaking to him about it calmly and to the point of argueing. I don't know what to do.
He is a hard worker, a great father, and wonderful in every other way. Our bills do not go unpaid nor our mortgage. I would like us to have something to fall back on and eventually a bigger home in the country like we both desperatly want n need

Read more: My husband will NOT save money, help?