Tuesday, September 30, 2014

PUBLIC SCHOOL EMPLOYEES and SUBS:?

I am a substitute. My payroll deposit only covered half of my pay period. The busi mgr said I have NO OPTION but to wait until the next payroll (in 30 days) for the balance.Apparently the timecard for the 2nd half of the pay period was not turned in to him on time by the school. (I turned it in on time to the office). I feel that something is out of whack here. How can an employer say that my earnings, which I am counting on to be available at a specific time, will just have to wait until the end of my NEXT pay period. Which is not for 30 days. I spoke to the superintendent and she said she will look in to it, but is not sure she can help me. I need this money for my mortgage payment and cannot believe that it is even a possibility that they NOT pay me when they are supposed to. This is not acceptable to me and could result in late fees and other financial problems.
Advice, anyone?

Read more: PUBLIC SCHOOL EMPLOYEES and SUBS:?