Monday, September 29, 2014

What am I entitled to if my partner and I separate?

So currently my partner and i have a joint mortgage and live together in our home with our 11 month old son. Unfortunately we are going our separate ways due to the relationship bringing us down. My partner works full time and I am unemployed whilst caring for our son. It is my understanding we will have to sell our family home, and then my son and I will need somewhere to live.
Can someone please help me with what I am entitled to… I want to know how soon I can apply for a home through the council, how much maintenance my son is entitled to from his father, what help I will get from benefits until I can work full time again, and if I go back to work part time for some extra income will I be entitled to help with childcare?
Many thanks in advance.

Read more: What am I entitled to if my partner and I separate?