Saturday, October 18, 2014

Need advice on buying a house alone when in a relationship?

I'm a 24 year old female and currently live at home. I'm about to buy my first house because where I live it costs the same to rent an apartment as it does to buy. So better off buying an asset in my opinion.

My 33 year old boyfriend who also lives at home (but spends all his time at my house ) thinks I should wait two years until he is ready to buy a house and if I went ahead and bought a house he wouldn't sign a cohabitation agreement indicating that he couldn't take half if we broke up.

If he were to move into my new house he wouldn't be paying very much if anything because he can't afford it. I am ok with that I just don't think it would be fair for him to take half if we split when he doesn't even pay half.

What should I do? Wait two years? ( he is 33 and still not ready. I'm 24 and ready) or let him sponge off me and have him take half if we broke up? Or break up now because he is holding me back?

Read more: Need advice on buying a house alone when in a relationship?