Monday, November 17, 2014

Can I buy an insurance for a home I am living in even if the title of the property is not under my name?

We mortgage our home, my husband died two months after we sign the mortgage as husband and wife, we pay the bank to do all paper works, I never know what I was signing he did not know he was dying, I don't have money to pay the mortgage, but I sign the loan. I am being force to pay the loan. He had two younger kids. I don't want to pay the loan because the property will not be transferred to my name even I will pay because of the younger kids. Now the Home insurance is due, the mortgage company is asking me to show that I have home insurance, when he was alive the home insurance is added in the escrow, now I don't pay the mortgage their is no escrow, the mortgage company send me and final notice to submit a proof of home insurance or they will buy from their end and they say it will cost $550 a month if they will buy the home insurance. R my name?

Read more: Can I buy an insurance for a home I am living in even if the title of the property is not under my name?