Saturday, November 22, 2014

How does owning a home effect financial aid?

The reason why I ask this is because I lost my mother from a pregnancy complication because the Doctor gave her medication that wasn't even suppose to be in the room.

Also I just recently bought a house in full for around 80,000 with my name on the deed and my brother and dad live with me.

I'm currently working in a restraunt as a dishwasher and my dad as a cook at a, different place while my brother is a sophmore in high school.

Me and my dad earn very little and he is the one that pays the bills since that's what we'd agreed to for if I decided to buy the house.

I'm sorry to ramble on but I wanted to give people a better idea of the situation. Anyways what I'm asking is that with the house being in my name would I not be able to apply for Financial Aid since I own it without having to worry about Mortgages and etc.

Read more: How does owning a home effect financial aid?