Friday, November 21, 2014

How to get a mortgage with bad credit? - 1

My boyfriend and I have decided to purchase a home together. (Yay!) We've house hunted for several months with the intention of buying a foreclose out right. We recently found a house that we fell in love with. It is a short sale, and needs minor repairs. Because it isn't bank owned, we would be able to get a mortgage for it. One problem, my boyfriends credit is bad. (He has paid off all of his credit cards and is now being responsible) Our banker told us it would take about 6 months for his score to be where it needs to be. But we're sure the house will be gone by then! What can we do? Is there a bank that would still loan us money, perhaps with just a higher interest rate? (I have great credit but not enough of an income. My boyfriends income is great.)

Read more: How to get a mortgage with bad credit? - 1