Sunday, November 30, 2014

I have two houses one of which I don't want and can't sell what should I do?

I moved out of my old house in August of this year into a different bigger better house. My credit and finances allowed me to get mortgages on both of them. I found a person to sign a rent to own contract on my old house that stated he was responsible for all maintenance big and small and gave him 12 months to purchase the house. Since he has lived there the trash has piled up and the furnace took a crap and he refuses to pay to fix it. Now he tells me he is moving out and stiffing me on last months rent. Now I need to buy a new furnace and pay two mortgages this month. Cash is tight and I'm sick of dealing with this house. I owe less then its appraised value and ahead on payments. I had it on the market for 6 months with no real interest from any buyers. I don't have the money to leave it empty on the market and I don't want to be a landlord. What should I do?

Read more: I have two houses one of which I don't want and can't sell what should I do?