Saturday, November 29, 2014

My husband wants divorse bc I choose not to be Muslim anymore, after 10years of marrage?

Yes, I am married for 10 years now, we have two beautiful children. We had many ups and downs in our marrage, and even though we came from different cultures, we were both born muslims. We never acted like true muslims other than rejecting pork and calling God - Allah. Until recently through my own research I decided that Islam has some serious faults and I lost me faith in Islam and now I am Christian. It took me some time to admit that to my husband. He left right away, saying that this fact that I am not a Muslim anymore automatically ends our marrage. However later that day when many miles away he admited that he loves me and cannot imagines his life without our kids. Meanwhile he turned more religious, and started regularly praying. He come back after few days to our town and said he is looking for a rental place to stay. Knowing how hard it will be to find a place to stay right away, and knowing how much my children missed him, I invited him to stay in a separate room in our house Since then he appears to be a piece of ice toward me and told me many times that if I do not revert back to Islam he cannot live with me as husband and wife and will eventually divorse me and actually started looking for a potential wife while living with me under same roof and still legally being married! How ethical! He is unemployed, and I am only one who works, pays mortgage and provides for food.
I would apprechiate hearing from you, what would you do, be you in my shoes? Thanks!

Read more: My husband wants divorse bc I choose not to be Muslim anymore, after 10years of marrage?