Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ontario - paying spousal support to the emotional abuser?

I m currently going through a separation. We were married for 13 years. I earn 2/3 s of the family income and he makes 1/3. There are three children. My two step daughters (17 & 16) and our son together (11). The 16 yo has gone to live with her mother. The 17 yo has stayed with him and our 11 yo is living with me. He has been quite emotionally abusive with me, but not the kids. I tried to stay in our family home and it became so unbelievably stressful I left to go to my mother s. I ve since taken a very small one bedroom apart to share with my 11yo. He has stayed in the family home, while I have continued to pay the mortgage. He is continually awful to me, no matter how reasonable I try to be with him (there are many text messages to support this). He has threatened to take half of my teacher s pension.
My question is: is it possible that I would end up having to pay HIM support?

Read more: Ontario - paying spousal support to the emotional abuser?