Saturday, November 22, 2014

Will my eviction show up on my background check?

About 5 years ago we were evicted from our house. What happened was there was a contract error that we found and when we brought it to the mortgage companies attention rather than yield to us they served us with a 3 day cure or quit notice followed by an eviction notice. We showed up at court to fight the eviction (just wanted more time than three days to move out) and when we got there, their lawyer was waiting outside the court room and we settled by giving him several hundred dollars to extend our stay. We never even went into the court room. I am wondering if this will show up. It does not show up on either me nor my spouses credit report in the public record or judgement section like I have read it could. I did an online check for public realestate actions and found our place of residency before that one listed as a place we had lived but not the eviction. Does that mean that it isn't recorded as a formal eviction?

Read more: Will my eviction show up on my background check?