Friday, December 5, 2014

How would I find out if a collection agency filed a judgement against me without my knowledge?

We had a foreclosure in July 2009. The loan was taken care of via the sale of the house by the bank but we also had a HELOC with USAA. That was immediately sold off to a collection agency and the account was closed. The debt passed from agency to agency. With the first agency we tried to make payments but stopped. The debt went through two (or more) agencies that we never talked to. No activity on the debt in two years. The debt is no on our credit report. In fact, we are about to sign an FHA loan for a new house. No leins on us (we checked). So how do I find out if whatever agency had the debt is trying to sue us? I don't want to worry about having my wages suddenly garnished one day. Shouldn't the debt show up on our credit report?

Read more: How would I find out if a collection agency filed a judgement against me without my knowledge?