Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Should I ask my nephew to stop telling everyone OUR house is his house?

My nephew and I are actually very close in age. I decided it would be fun to purchase a vacation home because I live in a city. I own 75% of the house, he owns 25% and we split the bills accordingly. He continuously tells everyone that he is going to "his" vacation house and posts on Facebook about how hard he worked to get it. Overall, he just makes it sound like the house is completely his in front of our family and friends. This really irritates me because I put down the entire down payment and only went in with him on it because he begged me. I had told him that I would let him use it, but he insisted that he help with the mortgage if I let him use it. He made it sound like he was being nice.

Should I say something to him?
Added (1). The issue isn't that I spent more money than he did. The issue is that he is acting as if I have no stake in the house and it is only his house.

Read more: Should I ask my nephew to stop telling everyone OUR house is his house?