Monday, January 12, 2015

How much does my credit rating effect my ability to get a mortgage?

My fiance and i have been talking about buying a town home, obviously we we would need a mortgage. I m 24 alomst 25. When i was 20 i was very irresponsible with credit cards. My mastercard went into collections. My parents lent me the money and i paid off my collections debt within 2 months. Since then i have been very responsible with credit cards and any sort of payments that i owe i pay right away.
** i dont know how credit ratings work. I assume i have been able to build my rating in the past years since i was in collections. Im afraid that we will not be allowed a mortage because of me that is my main worry. My fiance has never had a credit problem, he is in good standing

Read more: How much does my credit rating effect my ability to get a mortgage?