Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I hate weddings, everything about it?!

In this day in age where its hard to own a home and get on the property ladder, I personally would prefer a mortgage than a wedding. And the cost of a wedding usually matches and surpasses that of a required deposit.

What is a wedding? A sign of your love and affection for each other? NO! It is not, its of material possession, being a spoilt brat, showing off, bragging. More often than not, the bride to be turns into a controlling crazy psycho in the run upto the wedding, leaving you wondering why your even getting married. "My wedding dress was better than yours" "my wedding reception was better than yours" likely sound bites from the ceremony.

And then there are the gifts or even destination weddings/stag/hen do's. I consider this cheeky and very rude to ask your guests to folk out huge sums of money and take time off work to attend your wedding.

And then there is the aftermath, you can't chose everyone to be chief bridesmaid/bridesmaid/bestman/groomsmen and those you leave of the list, expect your relationship with those people to fall apart and full of grievance. Also, if I'm expeted to go half way around the world for your wedding, I expect a return at my wedding and if there isn't, angry and grievences will follow.

Overall, I hate weddings, there is more negatives than positives.

Your thoughts and views?

Read more: I hate weddings, everything about it?!