Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My mortgage bank can't apply my payment properly. How do I resolve this?

Each month I promptly send in my mortgage payment. I send the full amount, as billed, that covers principle, interest and escrow for taxes. I round it up, so they are actually receiving $.33 more than billed each month. For the past four years Chase has been able to post that extra $.33 to the principle. All of a sudden they can't accept payments written this way and they put the entire payment into what they call a 'suspense' fund. And then after not posting the payment to the account they consider it late and start with the collection calls. And to make it worse, they keep telling me I am not sending ENOUGH money to cover the payment. I am beginning to think computers are running Chase and no humans are there at all. Anyone else have this issue? I even tried sending the exact dollar amount and they still put the payment in 'unassigned'.

Read more: My mortgage bank can't apply my payment properly. How do I resolve this?