Thursday, January 29, 2015

What can I do with this frustrating situation?

Parents own a house worth $650,000 in Southern California but will not sell and divide it… The house is old and built in the sixties. It will be paid off in a year. I know they "earned" it but I don't think that is fair… When I say earned I mean lucky enough to buy it at less than a quarter of the equity/profit/value of what it's worth now during the early 90s. When I say earned, I mean earn in a way that they were lucky enough to land good jobs because they had a bachelors degree (which I am on the way to getting but everyone knows that college is expensive and through the roof depending on what degree you are getting). And I know that they got that degree at a less then quarter of the price to get a degree here in the States. They got their degree in the 70s in the Philippines. I am 30, and wanting to start a family and I know that money would help me and my future husband if I ever get married or at least help me in my future. I know this house has a lot of sentimental value and us kids (their kids) grew up here but still… We are all grown up now and we all need to have our own lives…
Added (1). Wow you people are something else (mean and immature is one of them). I'm guessing you don't like Paris and Nikki Hilton very much then lol! They leech of the family wealth like there's no tomorrrow!

Read more: What can I do with this frustrating situation?