Saturday, February 21, 2015

Is it ever too late to go to a dentist?

I believe I have a few dental problems. I don't know for sure what I have wrong with me but my teeth are sorta crooked, they're a very light yellowish color and my gums on the right side of my mouth often bleed when I try to brush them. Not only that, but the saliva also coming out of the right side of my mouth smells bad, and because of that, I no longer chew on that side.

Reason why my dental health isn't good is because I have a medical condition where I would frequently become sick, and when I'm like that, I'm weak, constantly throwing up, don't feel like eating, etc. When I'm like that, I'm just not able to brush my teeth. I'm currently trying to make up for it by brushing and using mouthwash but I'm afraid I need more professional dental help.

I want to go to the dentist but the problem is that dentists are often expensive, and my parents have a lot on their plate, with the mortgage, groceries, school, private tennis lessons (for my sister), bills, etc. I'm not ruling the dentist out, I just want to wait until I have a bit of money to help pay for it. Is it safe to wait, or do I need something does sooner rather than later?

I want to get a job once I have my condition under control (I'm 15) so I could save up a bit of money. Thing is, when I do go see a dentist, what can be done about my teeth/gums? Will they be able to do anything about my teeth/gums, or will I have to have all my teeth removed? I don't want it to come to that.

What can I do in the meantime?

Read more: Is it ever too late to go to a dentist?