Monday, February 16, 2015

Missed payment on suspended repossession order…Help?!

My mortgage is with C&G as a repayment plan. I ended up with arrears in 2013 due to missed payments. We currently have a suspended respossession order on the property which I've been paying fine for the last 14 months.

However, this last month, I've had unexpected costs in repair bills - I use my car for work and I had to get it fixed ASAP.

Now, I normally pay £810 for my monthly repayment (£50 is towards the arrears)

However, this month, I've just paid £700. (£110 short)

I've spoken to C&G, and the legal team were polite. However they say I need to make the shortfall payment ASAP. I told them that I could pay £920 this month, at the end of the month, when I get paid, to cover the shortfall, and then continue to pay the mortgage as normal.

I've just spoken to the legal team at C&G, they said that is fine, and they'll "note it" on the account, however they said that they wouldn't be able to stop any legal action.

Now, my question is, will they take legal action, providing I've explained my situation to them, and I said that I'll pay the shortfall and the normal mortgage payment by the end of the month?

Read more: Missed payment on suspended repossession order…Help?!