Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Seal on short certificate not showing on scan, mortgage company won't talk to me?

I mailed (via USPS) documents to my deceased father's mortgage company. Included in the envelope was an original, sealed/stamped copy of my short certificate for his estate. It is a raised but not colored seal which does not show up on a scan. They are refusing to speak with me because it is invalid and are mailing it back to me.

Without them being able to see the seal, which will never happen if they go by the scanned document, I won't be able to have his house reclaimed like they said they would do last week when I called and informed them that he had passed away.

I have no idea what to do. Help!

Read more: Seal on short certificate not showing on scan, mortgage company won't talk to me?