Thursday, March 5, 2015

Worried about getting a second mortgage? Is this going to be possible?

Ok so here is all the information:
They say no good deed goes unpunished right? Well I currently hold a joint mortgage with my father. Back in 2007, I helped him out because of his credit so I am the primary and he is the co-signer. Although, he has made 100% of the loan payments. If I can show documentation that my father has paid this mortgage for more than twelve months, will this be deducted towards my debt to income ratio? I have lived with him but am finally looking to buy another home in a different state in the next couple of months and without this loan debt I will certainly be eligible to get a house of my own. Any advice would be amazing. I have a credit score in the 740's, make $50,000 a year, and will be putting up to 50% down payment. The price range of homes I am looking at are well under $200,000.

Read more: Worried about getting a second mortgage? Is this going to be possible?