Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Can I sue or have my name removed?

I purchased a home with an ex and its been five years since he has moved out refusing to pay his part of the loan (mortgage) and has left me in a bind. He has managed to allow 3-4 liens on the property that is underwater and I have been stiffed with the mortgage. Its been five years and its unfair to me who pays my taxes and bills on time to have to live like this. I was just denied a streamline refi because he again had a $10k lien. Can anyone tell me what are my options. I moved out but still paying the mortgage I do not want the house all I want is my name removed and/or him sued for the monthly mortgage until and can I sue for back pay I have my receipts.
Added (1). We were never married and his liens stem from IRS and cashed a check from the insurance company.

Read more: Can I sue or have my name removed?