Monday, May 25, 2015

Need Advice…Love my company but feel I taken advantage of?


I feel that I am in a bit of a dilemma,roughly 2 1/2 years ago I started working for a company after leaving my previous company that I worked at for eight years. I truthfully love the people that I work with and my new boss is extremely nice. I should also add that I have a very flexible schedule as well, which comes in handy since my wife gave birth to our daughter a few months ago. The issue I am having is a serious one… Since I've started from my company I have closed a substantial amount of projects, resulting in hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue for the company. On my original contract with my company it states that I will be paid a percentage of my sales in commission. To date, I have only been paid for a small number of the commissions that relate to the projects that I have closed, and at this point I am owed thousands of dollars. I have addressed it with my management and I was told since our business goes through wide fluctuations there are times that commissions get held back and also that my boss forgot to add the commissions to payroll and they will be on the next paycheck. I have never heard of this and I feel like I am being taken advantage of. I can barely survive paying all of my bills and my mortgage on my base salary. I feel that I have held up my end of the bargain at work but they are not. I don't know how to handle this and I feel bad because I like working for my company.

Read more: Need Advice…Love my company but feel I taken advantage of?