Monday, July 27, 2015

Can i evict a roommate if there is no renter agreement?


I have a friend that I have tried and tried to help. He has been staying in my house for several months while looking for a job. He finally got one, but it was part-time. He was barely making enough to pay his gas, and not enough to help pay bills. He just quit his job, walked out. Can I kick him out, and get the police to help if he won t leave?
Added (1). Adding more detail.

I own the home (more technically, I am paying the mortgage). I have never asked him to sign a formal agreement, but I have helped him file for various benefits and provided letters of the verbal agreement we made when he moved in. If it helps with answers, I live in Arkansas. The only information I could find online was based on official lease agreements, just can't find anything on my options in absence of a written agreement.

Read more: Can i evict a roommate if there is no renter agreement?