Thursday, July 16, 2015

Is it likely that I will be able to immigrate to Canada?


Hi, I am going to give some background information but it's not completely relevant, skip down to the final paragraph for the question.

I am a 26 year old male from England. I am university educated and am currently working as an Optometrist earning £60,000 a year and have saved around £100,000.

My parents recently moved to Australia and I am the only family member still living in the UK. I have a lot of friends but a lot are moving away in the foreseeable future.

There are quite a few, but they don't match my pay, but with the money I have I could buy a condo with a small mortgage and live comfortably on that salary of around $90,000 a year (the same salary that I am earning in the UK)

Short Question:

Anyway, what are the living expenses per year (not including rent) and are there many Brit expats living in Vancouver? Also, what are the steps of becoming a citenzen of the Canada? I looked on the list of job shortages and have seen opticians is on the list. Would this improve the chances of me getting in the country.
Added (1). Also, I can fluently speak, read and write French.
Added (2). @brother_hesekiel. I asked this question once before about Canada and once about the USA. And, the one about Canada was quite unclear and I also wanted to get more information that i got in this question. And, by calling someone a mental retard, may offend people on this site.
Added (3). @borel thanks for the website and it has helped me a lot.

Read more: Is it likely that I will be able to immigrate to Canada?