Sunday, July 26, 2015

Is there a chance I could get a mortgage?


Next year we plan on beginning to look for houses as our rental is more expensive than what we'd be paying for a mortgage on a small home.

I am the only one applying. My husband has no credit and he works casually due to a disability.

At that point next year I will have been working full time for 2 years. I have a yearly income of about $30,000 and a good credit score. My only debt is a $1000 student loan which I am making the regular payments on. We hope to have saved up $15,000 (but more likely is $10,000) as a down payment and plan to be looking for a house that is max $135,000.

I just don't know if this will be considered enough for a mortgage and I don't want to get my hopes up if there are slim chances. I had tried to get a private student loan before but they told me that to even be considered I had to work full time for 3 years - I am not sure if that is the same case as mortgages since they are secured loans.

Read more: Is there a chance I could get a mortgage?